Monday, February 17, 2014

Quick Tips To Help Your Success

I became an entrepreneur because I did not want to be a dentist like my father, but I wanted some of the parts of his lifestyle. I learned very early on that working on Saturday and taking a weekday off was a lot more fun. I did that throughout my high school and college life, which explains my grades. 

School is just an extension of society designed to help you work within the confines of the ”standard” workweek. Very few schools teach entrepreneurism the way entrepreneurs teach it. If you take a look at most of the very high achieving entrepreneurs, you'll notice they didn't finish college. At some point they broke away from the norm and have stayed away ever since.

If you want to become a real entrepreneur, Remember some basic rules. 

1. Be careful who you listen to. Do they live the life you want to live? Do they do the work you want to do? Only take away the information that is relevant. As a side rule, I generally like to make sure they are making more money than I am if it is an area of business.  Yes the coach has a coach (or three).

2. There is never "good enough".  You can always to better, and should.  This doesn't mean have regret, it just means stay relevant by staying on top of your game.


3. Be accountable somehow. Self starting is a very rare discipline that takes a lot of time to learn. The whole point of vision books, vision boards and goal sheets is to keep you looking towards your destination. The problem is if the destination isn't important enough to have your break away from your comfort zone and your pack, you will never break away. If you make yourself accountable either through a coach, mentor or competitive friend you are much more likely to achieve your goals. 

To lose 30 pounds last year, I made a big painful bet with my business partner.  I didn't lose a single pound on my own, but the minute we made the wager we both started shedding pounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your insights.