Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Importance Of "The Mind" When It Comes To Success

Earlier this year, I ended up face to face with some deeper challenges both in business and in my personal life.  I hit a road block and it looked like I might be hitting a peak in my business.  Eventually I figured out that the road block was in my mind.  Quite simply, I had become comfortable with where I was.

The bad news is customers could see it, and that isn't good for business.

Once I dug in and found the source of this belief and why I wanted to stay comfortable, I was able to remove it and move on.

Last weekend I took a workshop from another coach whose business is strictly actors.  The key difference was that I wasn't teaching, and my wife paid attention.  You see, I learned a long time agot that teaching her was a mistake.  She doesn't want to learn from me.

That lesson has been a tough one overall in fact.  Trying to teach people who don't want the lesson is a total waste of time, and just irritates people.  Thankfully I have accomplished the first step of the twelve step program for being addicted to trying to help.  If you don't ask, I won't likely offer help unless you are paying me to do it.  Then I feel obligated until you say "Stop".

For the rest of the month, I will be sharing some insights and information that hasn't made it into any of my books yet.  All of the information will be focused on "the mind" and how it can be a key to our success, or the road block that keeps us in our comfort zone.

If you are interested, come back at least once a week, and let me know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your insights.