Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Do You Ever Buy Something, Wonder Why And Learn You Can't Live Without It?

Welcome to 2014.  It is amazing a year has past isn't it?  Growing up in the technology world programming computers and games, I have always had a bit of the hacker mentality.  Whenever I look at anything I wonder if there is a better, faster or cheaper way.

Some of those thoughts lead to places like Wal-Mart, which I have decided really isn't any better, faster or cheaper.

When I switched from AT&T to Verizon, I found a cheaper way that I thought had faster internet.  Nope, just cheaper.  I never realized how much I talk while surfing and how much I would miss that.  Technology is amazing and I was just taking it for granted.  Now I realize why AT&T costs a little more, you really do get more.

Sometimes I find things at the fair and bring them home never to be seen again.  Some like the Cham-Wow do work, and I keep them in the car for quick dustings before parades and shows.  Others like the magic mop I haven't seen since I paid for it.

This years's fair season was quite the interesting one.  First we got duped by the ionic cleansing machines where you put your feet in the water and all this stuff is supposed to be coming out of you.  A little research proved it was 99% rust from the coil.  Too bad my CPA won't let me call it an educational expense.

We also bought the Gripstic.  The guy said it was a better version of the chip clip, so we bit and spent $20.  Of course the deal at the fair wasn't really a deal.  You can get it here on Amazon for $2.00 for a package, and for $20 you will have more than we picked up at the fair.  If you need more, the as seen on TV stores will sometimes have a big variety pack.

We started using the Gripstic almost immediately.  When there are only two people in the house, we tend to have bags for a while.  The giant chip clip never really sealed our chips and living near the beach makes everything soggy quickly even with a big clip on the bag.

Of course the first thing we did was replace the giant chip clip on our tortilla chips.  Four days later when the chips weren't stale and soft, we knew Gripstic was a great idea.  Then we used a Gripstic on the sugar bag, another on the cereal bag, and soon they were everywhere.  Some things like candy or pasta we used to put into plastic zipper bags or tubs which seemed like a waste.  Now we just Gripstic it.

For the holidays, we spent some time at our family vacation home and realized just how much the Gripstic saves us.  In just seven days, one entire box of plastic zipper bags were used to store other things that were already in bags we couldn't seal.  One bag os swiss cheese even came in a zipper back but the tear off part didn't work right so the bag wouldn't seal.

The Gripstics would have paid for themselves in just a few days.  Now that is a good product.  It solves a real problem, does it better, faster and cheaper.  Next time we head up to the vacation home we are brining a handful of Gripstics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your insights.