Friday, February 22, 2013

Great Customer Service Without Asking - Tresanti Wine Cooler

Customer Service isn't something we are used to any more.  At least I am not.  When my Tresanti Wine Cooler started getting louder and louder, I really thought I was going to have to take it back to Costco.

As a small business owner, I have a love - hate relationship with Costco.  I know how many small business owners lose business because things cost less at Costco.  At the same time, the quality is very high, and the ability to return anything except electronics forever is very appealing to me.

The ability to return stuff forever has had another effect.  This week I had two large heavy purchases from Costco fail, and both customer service lines get a five star rating from me.

People that know me, understand that I let a lot of stuff slide.  If it bugs me I'll bottle it up and hope it goes away, and when it doesn't then I make big changes quick.  I have been known to dig up an entire yard because I let a sprinkler problem go too long and then one day BANG for whatever reason I wanted it fixed that day at any cost.  Emergency contractors love guys like me.

When my Tresanti Wine Cooler got loud enough and my wife wasn't around, I called the local Costco, and they had one left.  The plan was to run it back and get a new one before she knew about it.  Costco shoppers know this is a hazard of shopping at Costco.  When they run out, you are out of luck.  Anyway, I started emptying the cooler, planning to load it in my truck and return it to Costco.

As I was emptying the top drawer, I found the tag with an 800 number that my wife left in there.  She must have known I would do this when she wasn't home.  I called the number and said "The fan is loud, really loud".  The guy says "Ok, there are four, can you tell me which one?"  I could only isolate it to the bottom compartment so he says, "That is good enough, I'll send you both fans for the front and the back of the bottom section."

I unplugged the cooler while I waited for parts.  When the fans showed up, I was impressed at how well thought out the cooler was for repairs, and how easy it was to repair.  Now it is nearly silent.

Most things today are snapped or glued together so when they break they go to the dump and you have to buy another one.  The Tresanti Wine Cooler was assembled with screws and was very easy to take apart, replace the fans and put it back together. A great buy from a company that was thinking ahead and backed their product.

I had a similar experience with my Sentry Safe.  Have you had any great customer service experiences lately?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your insights.