Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Living with the iPhone 4 day 57

Living with the iPhone 4 has been a challenge for me. Having been spoiled by the first two windows phones and then completely ruined by the BlackBerry curve, the iPhone has been an adjustment.

Last week or maybe even the week before, I had an AT&t employee and an Apple store employee suggest that I would be happier going back to the BlackBerry and getting the new Torch. Not being one to give up that easy, I continued to try and solve the issues I was having with the iPhone.


For now I have resigned myself to looking like a propeller head with electrical tape holding the clear part to the black plastic part on the ear loop of my ATT521 headset (by plantronics). It is the only headset of the nine that I own, with which the iPhone 4 works even remotely well. They say that you are happier when you discover something for yourself. Maybe this is part of the Apple magic. There is so much for you to fix or discover how to fix on the iPhone, it has become a journey if discovery for me.

Just today, I discovered how to fix my to do list using ToDo. It turns out the software works very well, it is the online directions that need work. The software says WiFi required, and because I travel, my Laptop has a new WiFi address every hour.

Today while sitting in the airport and using the tether feature to check a report online for a client, i noticed that ToDo (Appigo software) was synchronizing on it's own. A little experimenting led to one of those bonus Apple discoveries. I discovered
that simply connecting via BlueTooth to my Personal Area Network (PAN), that the ToDo software would sync nicely. I double checked the website for Appigo sync, the software that resides on the PC in order to sync ToDo and there is no mention of this capability.

So a little discovery on my part leads me to rescind my one star review of ToDo and upgrade to 3.5 stars. If this bit of knowledge was in the directions I would give ToDo a 4th complete star. I don't know about you but quite frankly I would rather spend my time discovering kuhl cars, faster water slides or islands with great Tiki Bars I have never been to. How about you? Let me know!


Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your insights.